The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalashnikov Rifles and Their Variations
Of the North Cape Publications: A Shooter's and Collector's Guide ® series. 2004 (first edition). By Joe Poyer. 10 1/2 x 8 inches. 171 pages. This new book by Poyer is not a translation of a an East Block manual but instead a thoroughly researched effort by a Western author with lots of new content. Loaded with up to date historical information and detailed coverage of the AK-47, AK-74 and variants.
- History of Their Development.
- Part-by-Part Description.
- Histories and details of Soviet and Russian, Chinese, Non-Comm. and Foreign Clones.
- Kalashnikov Pattern Rifles
- AK-74 and its Variations
- Accessories and Parts.
- AN-94 Abakan: The Future of Russian Small Arms.
- Soviet SVD Sniper Rifle.
- Exploded View 7.62 AKM.
- Serial Numbers and Markings.
- Assembly and Disassembly.
- Cleaning and Maintaining.
- Shooting the Kalashnikov.
- Troubleshooting guide.
- The Federal Government laws and restrictions explained.